Apply for assistance from ReBuild NC’s Homeowner Recovery Program.
Solicitud en línea
Solicite asistencia del Programa de Recuperación para Propietarios de ReBuild NC.
Homeowner Recovery Program applicants who need assistance should call 833-ASK-RBNC.
If your home was damaged by Hurricane Florence or Hurricane Matthew, ReBuild NC may be able to help. The Homeowner Recovery Program provides assistance to repair, reconstruct, replace or elevate your home or reimburse you for completed repairs. You can participate even if you have received funds from other sources, though you must include that information in your application.
To be eligible for the Homeowner Recovery Program, you must:
- Have a home that was damaged in Hurricane Florence or Hurricane Matthew.
- Have owned and occupied your home at the time of the disaster, and must continue to own your home through project completion.
- Have occupied the home as your primary residence at the time of the storm.
- Be lawfully present, have legal authority to enter into a funding award, and be willing to give program staff, inspectors, and contractors access to the damaged property.
- Have a household income that is less than 150 percent of the Area Median Income (AMI). You may be ineligible if your household income is greater than 150 percent of the AMI. For example, a family of four in Cumberland County with an annual household income of $87,150 would be at 150 percent of the AMI. However, ReBuild NC encourages any applicant who believes he or she may be eligible. Homeowners who previously applied to the program between November 2017 and June 2019 (Phase I applicants) must have a total household income below 120 percent AMI.
ReBuild NC is here to help you through every step of the process. To learn more about each step in the homeowner journey, click on the tiles below.