North Carolina Resilient Communities Funding Forum
The North Carolina Resilient Communities Funding Forum took place Feb. 28 at the Greenville Convention Center.
Funding is often a barrier to resilience project implementation. The Funding Forum aimed to address this obstacle by introducing community leaders, policymakers and other stakeholders to federal, state and nonprofit funding opportunities for resilience-related projects. The free, one-day event allowed attendees to engage with potential funders, who provided presentations and answered project-specific questions during break-out sessions. Attendees also had the opportunity to participate in a grant writing session to take their project one step closer to reality.
This event was cohosted by the Resilient Communities Program, Regions Innovating for Strong Economies and Environment (RISE) and Resilient Coastal Communities Program, and their respective divisions in the NC Office of Recovery and Resiliency and the Division of Coastal Management. These programs serve the communities highlighted in the map below.
Forum Information & Materials
The following continuing education credits will be provided to attendees:
- American Institute of Certified Planners will receive 5.5 Certification Maintenance credits (Course #9264461).
- Certified Floodplain Managers will receive 5.5 continuing education credits (submit certificate of completion to NCAFPM).
- Engineers will receive a certificate of completion to self-file for 5.5 Professional Development Hours.
Attendees: If you are seeking continuing education credits for the Forum and did not already receive a certificate of completion, email Whitney Jenkins.
Please take time to complete the Grant Project Planning and Prepping for Meeting with Funders Worksheets. Choose a project you are seeking funding for. An example project from Bertie County is below in case you do not have a project.
- Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) and Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) Grant Programs
- Federal Highway Administration and N.C. Department of Transportation Funding
- NC Division of Water Resources
- NC Division of Water Infrastructure
- Golden LEAF Foundation Flood Mitigation Grant Program
- Economic Development Administration
- Military Partnership Funding Opportunities
- National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration
- National Fish and Wildlife Foundation's National Coastal Resilience Fund
- NC Rural Center
- Princeville Collaborative